Monday, August 28, 2006



BATTLE CHASERS

I loved this book, and I realized that I had never really done a BC piece. Well, one, about 6 or 7 years ago. (it was terrible) So, I thought I that I would take a break from Spidey pages today and do a Battle Chasers tribute.

Calibretto and Gully. We won't waste time on gully. as you can see, she's so tiny,and really just there to show the size of Cali. Right off the bat, I started some doodles and making sure that I found a shape that would set it apart from Joe Mad's. His was fantastic, but it's hard not to do this character exaclty like Joe's version. So, I went for wide, squaty feel. Shorter, wider arm cans, very animated style legs and feet. I also wanted to make him seem like he had been thru some...well battles. But I didn't want to do the normal comic book "cracks" only. So, i thought, and looked around. I saw Eric Canete (fucking brilliant artist) do these crazy round concrete bullet hole time things, I thought, I 'm gonna swipe the fuck out of that. So, with a little inspiration from Eric, I went with the swiss cheese type dents in his armor.

Here you can see the sketch and the final lineart. Inked with Nib and Brush, and done on bristol board 11x17.

enjoy

S.

9 comments:

Tom said...

This is a sweet piece. Battle Chasers was great, I can't wait for Joe Mad's return to comics with Ultimates 3!

Anyway, I love your version of 'Bretto. It's very animated and has a lot of life an energy for a standing pose. Good stuff!

Mike said...

i like this piece alot...u should maybe do some DBZ stuff? or how bout some The Darkness stuff? your skills, and the Darknesss...i think that would look wicked cool!

Chris Sims said...

You gotta do the rest of the characters now homie! That 'Bretto rocks!

roque said...

I love the way you tweaked out the proportions and shapes in the characters. Really adds to the personality of Calibretto.

Glad I found your blog!

Jeepers! said...

Cool piece!

john said...

funny skottie, that other battle chasers piece was the first pic of yours i ever saw. followed that piece to the remixx and well...you know the rest.

and i personally love that old piece, and i have it printed bwahaha!

Towbson said...

nice one
next one - GARRISON - in an action pose

Valhalla Comics said...

Goddamn amazing, Skottie. I love the rendition on Mad's character. Great work and I definitely dig the swiss cheese effect. ;P

I need to catch up on your blog, bro... it's been too long since I've been here (few months now). I'm cyked that you're putting up a lot of new material. Congrats on the success of this new venue.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,