Tuesday, August 08, 2006



COVER UP


This is my cover for my new Marvel book SpiderMan Family (or something like that) This is another one that I wanted to play with. Not as drasitc as the Jesus cover, but still a slight change up for me. If you haven't heard yet, i'm working on a new Spiderman: Legend of the Spider Clan one shot. It will be 40 pages of new story, in a book with a few other reprinted Spiderman stories. A story with the Black Costume Spidey, a story with Spidey 2099, and a Ditko Spidey story. So, I needed to incorporate all of those into the cover.

At first, i had a hell of time coming up with an idea. It was fucking tough. I wanted to do a cool montage cover, but it started looking like a "Team Spidey" book, and that was...well, lame! So, I keep doodling and came up with an idea that got approved (the Peter Parker image), but once I started working on that idea, I fucking hated it. So, I hit up my editor, Jon Barber, and asked if I could try something new again. He actually gave me a great idea. He told me to take the widecreen idea, and ad a Ditko style spidey on top of it. So, I did, and guess what.....fucking magic baby!!!

On the art approach, I tried to let my style "grow up" a little. I wanted my spidey to have a little more mass than I would normally give him. And I wanted him to feel like the old, ditko spidey. The black and white version was cool, but i knew that when I colored it, I would need to push those panels back some how. Ryan Ottley (Invinsible) was here at my house while I was coloring it, and he showed me how Bill Crabtree pushed back a similar idea on one of his books. So, i used that same technique. But I wanted each panel to have it's own color theme. So, thanks to Ryan, and Bill for helping with the idea on the finish.

9 comments:

Valhalla Comics said...

Love this cover and the fact that you show the progress from start to finish (same with the Loaded Bible one).

I can't wait to pick up the Spider-Clan one-shot.

Congrats on all 3 gigs, bro and keep up the excellent work. Great style, btw. I'm digging it.

Thorcus said...

looks good and for sure, iwill pick up the book.thumbs up.

DW said...

Love the cover art, Skottie. Can't wait to get this one-shot.

Solario said...

This is freaking great. It really makes me want to buy the book.

kyle-mac said...

That's beautiful stuff, Skottie. You just keep getting better!

Anonymous said...

我很喜欢贵先生的作品,支持ING

Anonymous said...

LINK
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1222671710

eDuardo fRancisco said...

This is so inspiring, my friend! =)

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,