Tuesday, August 22, 2006




FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!


Today was one of those days where the paper and pencil that I pay my rent with decided to be my nemisis, my sworn enemy, the mother fucking bane of my existance (at least for the last 10 hours). I sat at this table all day, and nothing. I take that back, on the page for Spider Clan that i'm working on, I drew one figure. One! That's out of about 7, and that's just one panel. That's not counting the 4 other panels i didn't even touch. I've been sailing thru this book, doing what I feel to be my best pages to date, and today just sank that ship.

I guess these days happen, and I shouldn't be surprized when they pop up, but fuck, it just gets to me. But, there's alwasy tomorrow. So, for todays blog, I thought I would share a few pages from my new sketchbook B-sides. At least show a few doodles that I like, and get this day behind me.

On the sketchbook note, it should be up for pre orders with in the next month or two. I've been going thru a few printers, trying to get the best book possible, and have got one now. So, for those of you that have been chomping at the bit, it is coming. Just keep an eye here for more info.

Enjoy the preview!

S.

9 comments:

KAHNEHTEH said...

skottie,

don't let the cloud hang above your head for too long, man - the lulls happen to everyone. and i think you've got the proper perspective: there's always tomorrow. gimme a buzz if you need somebody to vibe off with.

talk to you later and here's hoping you have a productive day tomorrow (today).

eric

Valhalla Comics said...

Hey Skottie, sorry to hear you're having a bum day. Like Eric said, I'm sure everyone has multiple shit-days throughout their art career.

Anyway, here's hoping for a better tomorrow! Great lines on those sketches, bro. I'm sure the book is going to come out pretty sick; even better than the 1st, which was phenominal.

Keep at it man.

Kevin

Andrew Elbendari said...

Man, we all have our down days. The best part about is that you got no where to go but up!

Otis Frampton said...

Sorry to hear about your funk. It happens.

The only thing that cures it for me is either drawing something completely unrelated to what I'm stumped about, or playing Halo 2 on XBox live for a few rounds and taking out my frustration on other players. ;)

-Otis

Toad said...

Skottie, I can empathize with those bad days... make a guy want to smash his face thru his drawing table.

Other than that, everything looks beautiful as always!

skottie young said...

thanks everyone, i think i've gotten past it now...a little. it might turn into a whole month.

hey Todd, glad you stopped by. the stuff of your blog is amazing man!

Mike said...

skotie u need to relax...hit up a strip club...drop some $5 dolla beelz...thenu'll be all set for the drawin table!!

Jeepers! said...

It's all good.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,