Friday, August 11, 2006



NIGHTCRAWLER


This was a piece i just did for fun, and then used it for prints at the summer conventions. Again, after working the super clean and open line style with New Warriors, I was dying to add some black into things. So, I kept this one pretty cartoony, but really just stuck the character in the middle of crazy blackness.


Nightcrawler seems to be a pretty popular character. I get asked to draw him a ton at cons, so I thought people might dig this new take on him. Like every piece I do, there are little things that I don't like when I'm done. Like the smoke, I wish I would have thought a little harder on that one. I just went with my first instinct, which isn't always bad. But I'm trying to teach myself to break the habbit of using my go to forms all the time. If I think of one way to do, I want to stop, and think of 4 other ways after that. I really just comes down to telling myself to slow the fuck down and think. Pushing myself, you know.

Well, enjoy!

5 comments:

Chris Sims said...

Nightcrawler is a wicked character. He's also a character that you handle very well. You actually make him look demonic like he should be and not just a blue human with elf ears. Keep grinding bro!

Tom said...

That is one sick rendition of nightcrawler. I'm feelin' it.

Not sure if I have missed the info somewhere or other, but if you don't mind my asking, what's up with your new sketchbook? Is it for sale yet? Just wondering.

The Mediocre Gatsby said...

This is great! I have never really liked Nightcrawler all that much, but you made him look awesome.

I love your style and as an artist myself, I am always very inspired by your stuff.

Dizz said...

thanks for affording Nightcrawler some justice. im really blown away by the texture and personality you give your work. the smoke doesnt bother me that much (lol), but it does dominate the page a lil bit. almost makes me want to take up something similar to sketching/drawing.. but i wont dare to make any comparisons to you ..yet.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,