Wednesday, August 23, 2006




A PIG AND A CLOWN, AND A FISHTALE ON THE GROUND



So I thought since I pissed and moaned thru yesturdays blog, that I would at least try to make up for today.

This is a page from my next book at Marvel. Remember in the old Spider Clan books, Peter always had the wierd visions/nightmares? This is one of those. I don't want to say a whole lot about it, because it's already strange enough, I'd rather you be confused, and pissed that you don't know what's going on...cause that's how I roll.

This was inked using a little of everything, pens, brush, nib, you name it and i used it on here. I've said in this blog before, but after the crazy open style on New Warriors, I just wanted to take this book in a new direction. Try something new on it.

I do want to thank C.B. Cebulski (writer on this book) and all the people up at Marvel that put this book on the schedule. Spiderman: Legend of the Spider Clan was my first series at Marvel, and I look back it now and want to die! It was such a fun idea, and had so much room to do crazy things, and I just wasn't good enough yet to fully take advantage of it. So, years later, after a stack of books drawn, some studying on this, some learning on that, I wanted the chance to take another crack at it. So, thanks for the second chance.

15 comments:

Valhalla Comics said...

lol, appropriate title. This pic is superb, man. I love the craziness about it. Great details, great new style (which I'm really digging) and a great attitude to boot.

It really is a pleasure to have you go back to your Marvel roots with this title, especially with a new take on it. I can't wait to see the final outcome.

Congrats, again, and it's good to see you're out of your funk. ;P

Kevin

Chris Sims said...

Amazing! ill you be coloring this series too? I'm diggint the new darker style you're working with. It adds so much dimension to your work. Hopefully you can tease use with a few more black and white pages from the series to keep us salivating.

skottie young said...

thanks guys. yes, I will be coloring this myself with the help of my friend Jean.

I'm almost finished penciling the book now, and then i'm moving on to inks. This was the only page I inked right of the bat. As I finish up more, i'll throw out a few previews before the book hits.

thanks again.

eugene commodore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eugene commodore said...

Man if the new Spider Clan book looks like this all I can say is... Holy Moly Monkey Balls this shit is hot

Tom said...

This page looks great. I love the overall energy and the awesome cartoony pig. I'm diggin the heavier use of blacks too. Looking foward to this and your sketchbook!

SCOFO said...

Hey Skottie,
This page looks great! Yeah, Jean is a great guy, he coloured a piece of mine.

Can't wait to see this!
Scott F

Israel Cruz said...

Well, I can feel ya when it comes to looking at older work. UGGGGHHHHH
But, you ere holding it down on Spider Clan b4, now you're jus showing you got much better. Some artists have better transitional periods, LOL.
Lookin' forward to it.
B-more next month by any chance??

Mike Wieringo said...

Great looking stuff, Skottie....!

I'm psyched that you've got a blog going now. NOW I'll have somewhere I can get a regular fix of what you're drawing! GOOD TIMES!

skottie young said...

thanks for the comments and kind words. i'm glad everyone is feeling the new direction.

and mike, thanks for stoping by brother!!

Jeepers! said...

Whoa! This looks totally different than the old Spider Clan books! The preview page has a certain depth. It seems deeper, darker and quite fuckin' amazing! I REALLY dig this shit! When is it expected to hit the shops?

Esdras said...

YEAH! Good news here! Welcome to blogger!
About the page, yes, it's a bit confuse but I think it's the correct way to draw a nightmare. I love the composition and your inks. Can't wait to see more of your new style. Really cool, man!
Bytheway, are you working in your european project? Or is it finished?

Andrew Elbendari said...

That looks SO awesome I can't wait for the book to be finished! :D

FurryGreenMonster said...

Looks cool. I love all the Spider Clan stuff.
I read that you're coming over to England in December to the Birmingham con. Lookin forward to seeing you there and hitting you up for a sketch :D

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,