Wednesday, September 13, 2006



CHICAGO WED. DRINK AND DRAW

Ok, I don't drink, but i draw the hell out of shit. So, for those of you who don't know, Wed. nights are drawing night here in Chicago. A bunch of local artists get together to draw at a bar/grill on Wed. Great time, great food, and somewhat ok drawings...at least from me. Mike Norton always draws something cool, and then bitches about stuff. I love that guy!!

Here's how the night goes. we write a bunch of random words down on post its. we lay those on the table, face down. We each draw a random post its and put them together. For example, I pick a post it that says "Giants", Norton picks a post it that says "Ninjas" and there is one subject. Giant Ninjas. We had 4 topics of combined terms. Post Apoc./Mad Scientist, Giant Ninjas, Android Pilot, and something else that we later decided sucked and thru on the floor. Then, you just eat, drink, bullshit, and draw as many of the ideas as you want while you're there.

I went with the Android Pilot first. The down side to T's bar is the lighting, it's tough to see in there (i'm bring a lamp next week) so you don't know if you're doing ok or not.

Then, I rocked out a quick doodle of the giant ninja getting stabbed in the head by a normal ninja. This one is loose, and super fast, but i fucking love it. I'm going to do a quick 3 or 4 page story out of it in the coming weeks. I really love the idea.

So, there you go. Some quick doodle while talking and hanging with friends. Very fun!

enjoy

s.

10 comments:

Landish said...

Hi there!
Skottie, your works are really-REaLLy the best works in all over the world! Your style always give me a big inspiration! I think you are the best artist, that i saw! Good luck in your comic buisness!!!!!!!!!

P.S. And maybe you can visit my homepage and leave some comments, pleaaaaaasssssse :))))))))))

bIg ToF said...

Ouch dude ! you kick my ass every time i m coming on this blog ! You're a monster !

I really likethe way you draw !

Anonymous said...

That Android Pilot fucking owns man, love it, good work man, this blog is kicking ass.


Scott

GRODZ! said...

Keep it coming Dude!

Peace
GRODZ!

Thorcus said...

looks good and it seems you had a great time - the big,fat ninja reminds me on the funny, stupid ninja, who couldn't realy fight but wins every fight :)

Zac (Heck) said...

man i bet those are so much fun i should stop by sumtime..im sure my doodles would suck compared to you and norton tho :) peace-z

Valhalla Comics said...

I envy you bastards in Chicago. I know I've mentioned this before, but I think this is one of the coolest ideas I've heard in a long time.

It's great that you guys can get together and just jam the art out with each other, while having a fun time.

Awesome, Skottie.

Oh... and that poor, poor giant ninja. *sniff*

MATRIX said...

waou fantastic blog, great
see you

Kody Chamberlain said...

No brown paper?

:D

Love the sketches. So now there's a chapter in LA, Atlanta, Chicago, and Lafayette? Any others out there? We're going to link to the other chapters on our blog.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,