Wednesday, September 27, 2006



THE LEAD POETS SOCIETY SEP. 27

I've had a busy week inking. I'm leaving town for a few days and had to get ahead a little on pages, so there was a lack of updates here.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the names for our drawing night. Some one used the word Society in a suggestion, and that gave me an idea. So, we are officialy...

THE LEAD POETS SOCIETY

So, tonight was a new approach to the theme. I had everyone bring a favorite comic. We put them in pile, number them, then drew numbers to see which book/character we would draw. I got saddled with Hellboy. Which I like, but have drawn a million times. So, I was a tad unispired, but it was my theme tonight so I couldn't bitch out. Again, the night is fun despite the random shit drawings. I blame tonight on Mike Norton. He wouldn't stop heckling me, and I threatened to murder the giant fuck...I love you Mike! Anyway, yea, the black and white drawing is a decent idea, but poor execution. What the hell kind of neck did I put on him. Oh well, live and learn.

So, there are tonights Hellboys. Oh yea, the one drawing is inspired by the book i drew, which was the new "island" book.

I'll be back next week with some more doodles hopefully i get the chance to draw a little on the road.

later
s.

9 comments:

Mike Chrusciel said...

i luv theez Hellboy sketches!

the top 1 makes him look uber-insane!!

at 1st, i didn't even kno what the hell it was sposed 2 b, til i read the posting...

i also like the name The Lead Poets Society...very cool!

altho, The Sketchfast Club was pretty cool too...(that was my suggestion)...lol

Chris Sims said...

Lead Poets Society works really well and it's a nice play off of that movie with Robin Williams. I love the Hellboy illos. I see what you're saying about the Hellboy's neck in the inked version. Either way, the drawing is still SICK! I'll be looking forward to next weeks sketches.

Tien said...

Awesome pics, bro. bottom one reminds me alot of quesada's wolvy origins cover a while ago, cept in classic HB style, very tight! blacks work wonders on the coat

Scott Forbes said...

Ah! There you are. These are awesome! You would totally own on a Hellboy Book!

Have fun on the road! When you get back we can hopefully get started :P

Later!
Scott

GRODZ! said...

Perfect!!!

PEACE
ROCCO!

axel#13 said...

Theses are a couple of great looking drawings! Just plain Awesome!

Antonio Santamaria said...

Amazing Skottie. Marvellous version!
Best !
Toni

Valhalla Comics said...

Great expression on that first one. Love the sinister grin.

Second one is pretty tricky. Though you say it's his neck, the protrusion actually looks like his coat collar, flipped up (though a little straight).

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,