Saturday, September 16, 2006


SKOTTIE BETWEEN BRANCHES

Well, I'm inking Spider Clan now, so these aren't really warms ups as much as a chance to a least do a quick doodle before I spend all day tracing. Inking is fun, but in a differnt way than drawing. It's more about watching your drawing change into something with weight.

Todays post is a tribute to a great friend of mine, Josh Middleton and his personal project "Sky Between Branches". I've always wanted to do a piece from this project, and now after doing this quick sketch, I'd like to do a proper one. For those of you who are up on Josh's comic work, you have seen him do the urban NYX at Marvel, and Superman/Shazam at DC. But the content of these projects are very far from where Josh comes from on the creative front. Sky Between Branches is a world created straight from the heart of his true creative self. Beautiful to the last line, Josh's great white whale will blow people way when it's coming out is upon us.

This doodle doesn't do his characer justice, and it's a bit intimidating trying to follow up Josh. But it's fun, and really different than the super hero world that I draw every day. This was just a quick blue pencil drawing followed up by some Pitt Pens and Staedtler brush pen. About 30/40 mins. (actual time a little longer factoring in the smoke break...I'm a dirty habbit having fuck!)

enjoy!
s.

8 comments:

Scott Forbes said...

Great sketch Skottie! I think you did the character a lot of justice, he seems to also suit your style as well.

I can't wait to see SBB, its going to be insane!!! when are you going to begin your own story?

Anonymous said...

awesome work as always man,totally did the character justice, Josh would be proud.


Scott

Anonymous said...

Simply The BEST! Deyam, Skottie, greatest artist ever. This only proves that it doesn't matter whether you draw 30 or 130 minutes, man. Art is ART, and you know hell of a lot how to create it. Big, massive respect, fan 4 life. You have influenced me so much that after seeing your (earlier, much earlier) works I started somewhat going after your style. And I'm happy about it. Venom, Spidey, Wolverine... Best designs I've ever phuckin seen! Rock on and keep up, you made some serious rules that other wannabe artists should follow. Respect! :D

Chris Sims said...

Amazing work homie! Sky between Branches is gonna raise the bar. I've been waiting for this project since the Com.X days and this illo has just raised my anticipation.

Joshua Middleton said...

Man, that is just great, Skottie, and I really appreciate your kind words. I am certain your drawing is the first time another artist has drawn something from Sky between Branches, and it is awesome to see. The staff w/pendant is a sweet addition as well. The spotted blacks are solid and look especially cool since I've never done so myself.

Seems it is time for me to whip up something for you, maybe some Steampunk action.

Thanks again, Skottie.

J

Tom said...

Cool sketch, Skottie. I like the blacks and the overall feel of the piece.

Sky Between Branches is def something I want to see more of. I have the one comic that came out, was it #0 or 1/2 or something? Anyway, it was visually stunning and very interesting. It did feel like it was the artists pure vision and that is always the best. Please share more with us, Josh!

Valhalla Comics said...

Sweet work, Skottie. I love Josh Middleton's art, so this was certainly appealing to the eye. One of my favorite artists creating a rendition of another one of my fave's characters.

Pure excellence. I love your take.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,