Tuesday, September 05, 2006


WARM UP_KAZAR/TARZAN

Todays warm up is loose. I've been away at a convention, so my first day back to work needed to be loose with no pressure of a great finished piece. It truley is just a warm up drawing to knock the cob webs off the left hand.

So, I threw in the Tarzan movie, and started drawing. Zeb Wells and I put a Kazar pitch together awhile back, so I've been thinking about what I would do with that character. I wanted him to be more Tarzan like, but rougher. This would not be it. this is much too Tarzan inspired, and watching the movie while i worked on it probably didn't help. But, when designing a character, these sketches are important. I need to get the crap ones out of the way so i can get the right ones to the front. So, while this one dosen't look like the character I have in my head, it serves it purpose very well. It says to move on and do another. So, tommorrows might be another version of Kazar. Maybe that's what I'll do all week, untill I hit it. We'll see.

S.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Fantastic art work! I love your work; I also love Tarzan, though me not Jane. I have a book review of Tarzan...you might like it.

Anonymous said...

tight man thats all I gotta say, I lvoe the pose ya have him in.

Scott

=shane white= said...

Cool...found your blog! More inspirato!

=s=

Big Touffe said...

dude ! your art is awesome ! I really like the way you art is going !
The way you draw makes feel the characters alive although they look cartoons !

sorry for my bad english I m french !

Randeep Katari said...

Great work Skottie, Glen Keane would be proud I think. I was the one that met you at the dinner on saturday night by the way.
ttys.
-R.

Anonymous said...

skotty young ist einer der besten comiczeichner der welt! er ist mein vorbild, ich bin selbst comiczeichner ich will einmal so gut wie skotty young sein!!! wenn ihr mal gucken wollt wie ich so zeichne dann geht auf meine homepage!!!
www.doot.de

gruss
..tamtwo..

lafe said...

Very nice design. I love his swagger.

Valhalla Comics said...

Hell yeah, dude! Bring on Kazar! You and Wells = Golden combination. Anything you two put together, without a doubt, will sell like hotcakes... assuming hotcakes still sell well.

Looking forward to further developments of this sucker.

Btw, Tarzan, the Disney movie, kicked ass.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,