Wednesday, October 11, 2006


THE LEAD POETS SOCIETY OCT. 11, 2006

"DANCE MAGIC, DANCE!"


Well, I have one more day of inking left on Spider Clan. I'm almost there baby...fuck, I can taste it. Then, you'll start to see some more posts, I swear.

Tonights theme was given by Mike Stadler (I think that is his last name...I'm an ass, I know.) the Theme was "A villian from any movie pre dating 1990". Very broad, but more difficult than you think. We did throw some rules in. We couldn't draw from movies or themes that we would draw all the time. Tim could not draw Zombies and Slasher guys, because that's his thing, he draws them all the time, etc.

I chose The Goblin King from the Labryinth. I love that movie. The designs are great, David Bowie's package is a huge focus...I mean Jennifer Connely is hot, not the Bowie thing. Anyway, i thought I had a great idea. But the hard part was remember his design with out reference. Really though right? I know. All I could remember was a cape, big hair, and slightly gay. Oh, and the cool orb. So, i just winged it. I planed on drawing all the goblins, but we were running our mouths tonight, so when it got late, I thru in the black and called it a night.

Something that I've noticed from all my Lead Poets Society drawings, they are great thumbnails, or ideas for future finished pieces. So, after awhile, I might start taking these and doing some fully realized drawings out of them. Maybe put a book out with them side by side. Might be cool. who knows.

So, enjoy the Voodoo, You do, Who do, You do, the Power of the Babe!

s.

10 comments:

Mike C. said...

Dude...Skottie...this piece is fucking cool! I saw Labyrinth for the first time in August (yes, in August) and I realized that I should've been high when I watched it. But, since I don't do that sort of thing (seriously) I had to suffer through the cheesy effects. Overall, though, the movie was entertaining.

Out of all the "visible" goblins, i like the one on the right side, near the bottom, because he looks as though he may have just been fingered/fondled/touched/explored in his backside... Just the look of his eyes and mouth is hilarious!

Kyle said...

I <3 you real hard.

Anonymous said...

More posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acro said...

this shit is fire...
i like the depth in the pic.

Anonymous said...

skottie,

superb choice. what a movie. jessica won't watch it. freaks her out thinking about babies getting snatched, and while i want to laugh at her, it is kind of creepy.

anyway, fun piece. could just use some more detail at waist level. you know what i'm talking about. i mean crap, you mentioned it in your post.

toodles,

daniel b

Brian said...

Very Cool.

Plus that movie has one of my all time favorite movie lines. After listening to Jennifer Connelly's character Sarah complain about something being unfair for like the 50th time, David Bowie's Goblin King just looks at her and says, "You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?"

Mike...'s mum said...

"The Art of Skottie Young" - coffee table edition, hardback in that funky 14"x7" format...
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!"

Roc said...

ya stuff is the stuff of greatness.

Valhalla Comics said...

I dig it, man. All of the black and the goblins really bring this sucker out. It gives it a different feel. very cool.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,