Thursday, December 07, 2006



CABLE MAKES ME DO ODD THINGS

This was interesting. I've been wanting to play around with different techniques for covers, so I did this quick 2 mintue sketch of cable with the intention of trying to do some kind of digital painting on it. Once I scanned it and started playing around if photoshop, things starting happening outside of the original plan and I just went with it. Now, this was just a little sketch, smaller than 8.5x11, and the digital image was really just photoshop sketching. I didn't think something usable would come out in the end. But I ended up being pleased with the outcome. So, I sent the small file in and it got approved for a cover. So, I'm going to redo this, using the same methods, but with a little more plan this time around. But it was a great experiment, and I look forward to doing the final.

enjoy.
s.

18 comments:

aleroart.com said...

PRETTY COOL!
l like the background! is that a brick wall and bullet shells on the top right?
-aleroart

aleroart.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elton Dias said...

sou do BRAZIL e um grande fã seu sempre q posso dou uma passada por aq,gostaria muito de receber um comentario seu no meu blog,abs

Dan said...

that is pretty choice looking. Keep experimenting!

Roc said...

great outcome. . . .i think experimenting is what helps artists to grow. . .great work.

-Roc

Valhalla Comics said...

Wow... this is a really cool change-up in coloring style for you. Pretty sudden, too. I really like it.

Willy said...

Wow great experiment. It fits your art! Keep Going!

Rollie said...

Awesome again!

I have a question Skottie, is your website down? I have tried to mail a few times, but i received no response.

Thanx and keep up the great work,
Roland Maarschalkerweerd
rmaarschalkerweerd@gmail.com

mato. said...

man, i really love your work, since i first saw it... sadly I cannot get any of your comics cuz here in argentina there are not edited and that sucks.. I have to enjoy your art via internet.. but that's cool too.

SALUDOS!

mato.

pascal barret said...

awesome work !!! i love all this stuff !
cheers !!

p.

Leonel said...

Looks fantastic.
Leonel

Lucanu said...

Skottie, i sincerly, i prefer your cartoon line. You did a great work with this one, but it doesnt go with you.

Maybe another type... try it, i think u have a lot to show everyone!

Good Luck ;)

humberto ramos said...

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

Lead Poets Society said...

thanks everyone. i appreciate all the comments.

and humberto, do lie, you love me like a weekend mistress!!!! By the way, I have finished the final cover, and will post the latest version as soon as i'm allowed. there are alot of improvements on the new image.

thanks again.

Antonio Santamaria said...

Mighty, Powerful, incredible... this style is awesome...
So, Skottie, I would like to wish you Merry x-Mas and a wonderful 2007, too.
Best!

Toni

Andrew Elbendari said...

nice. Really like the mood of cable in this one.

Dan Coyle said...

Holy shit that's nice, and keeping with where Nicieza's been going with the character. No wonder they approved it.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,