Tuesday, December 19, 2006


Happy Holidays

Ok, so I wanted to some cheesy christmas drawing for my last blog before the holidays but work has kept me too busy to do anything. I'm leaving town tonight and thought I would throw up one last doodle until after Xmas.

I've been experimenting alot lately with styles. Well, maybe not styles exactly, but more ways to approach the finish of a piece or a drawing. I'm writing and drawing a Frankenstein story for Marvel, and want to give it a loose, rough looking feel. So, this is little study in the style of line. It's not there yet, but for some reason I really love the energy of this kind of line. It's drastically different from my animated type line, but that's good. I like to switch it up, and not get to dug into one thing. I like be able to apply different styles to different stories, and will be doing so alot more in the future. I also have been experimenting with black and white alot lately. I'm starting work on my own graphic novel, and may attempt to do a black and white pass at it. Not sure yet, and have some time before I get there.

So, this one is small, but in a way a big step to somewhere in the coming weeks. I'll keep you updated on the progress of the tests.

20 comments:

Andrew Elbendari said...

Awesome style take, lookin' forward to the frank story and the graphic novel, can't wait to see more!

Jonboy! said...

Skottie! I've found you! Great Blog homie! Keep up the great work! Loved the Spidey stuff!

Tannerama said...

I like this because it looks like an awesome version of John Constantine. I am looking forward to the frankenstein book.

chrishaley said...

I need to know more about this Frankenstein book.
Also, I'd love to know how you did the half-tone/zippity-do-dots on this pic.

Anonymous said...

Im really diggin this sketch bro, just the energy is awesome, looking forward to seeing more.



Scott " Rage_Fist" Hume

mato. said...

dude! that's awesome!
i hope i can get the frankenstein title some day..

keep up the good work!
saludos!



m.

Scott said...

Hopefully you have gotten my emails, but my a few have been bouncing.

This looks great Skottie, the greys are nice; and I like the sound of your own graphic novel!

Happy Holidays!

Roc said...

im diggin it. . i'd love to see the whole book in this gritty style.

happy holidays back at ya

-Roc

Kelsey said...

I'm really digging your ink work. It's spot on, so to speak. Definitely a good evolution for your art.

Cheers!

Tell C.B. I said hi. :)

COMIKXGUY said...

merry festivus skottie

marco's blog said...

this is pretty hot!! i like the looseness, have you tried throwing some ink washes on it? i dig the tone on it!!

Leonel Castellani said...

This image is great, and I´m sure the Frankenstein book will look AWESOME! Congratulations!
Leonel

Rollie said...

Great style, can't wait for the comic!
Happy holidays to you (all).

Valhalla Comics said...

Skottie, the new lines are pretty slick. This and the cable pic share some similar qualities and I think they both look fantastic. It's a more serious tone, than usual, but I certainly appreciate it. Great work, bro, and I can't wait to see your Frankenstein book at Marvel (as well as your GN).

LauraBraga said...

Wow, this last one is awesome.
Really like this style.
Great sketch, man.

Laura:)

Kanokadafi said...

I think it's cool that your interested in applying different looks to different stories based on the content and theme. I'm curious to see how you flip the writing skills aswell.


peace

MikeyC said...

yo, Happy Holidays Skottie! I plan on putting in my order for the new sketchbook on Friday- payday! i recently found your 1st one in one of my comic book boxes (i had been looking for it for a couple of weeks). i'm so psyched for the new one!

boob said...

I hear ya. I LOVE style. Different approaches, different colors, different influences, different methods - love to change it up.

Dig this doodle and the Cable sketch turned out fantastic by the way!

Solario said...

This looks fantastic! Sort of reminds me of Detective. Fell from Warren Ellis' slimline book. Just needs the Snowtown tag/scar.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,