Saturday, January 06, 2007





SCRIBBLES

I've been pretty slack on getting my Lead Poets Society drawings up, so here a few from the past weeks. I have also started a blog for the LPS and all the people who come each week to post up there drawings. One drawing was from Noir night. You had to have a background in the piece. As always, I like the concept, but the drawing itself is riddled with issues. And again, like always, I don't give a shit. I love just drawing the idea and not a cover. It's freeing and just plain fun. One was from Eskimo Hunter night. I went with an arctic hunter impossibly dragging a giant mammoth. And one was from...I can't even remember the night, but sucked and decided to just draw my man, Mike Norton. Don't worry if you don't know what he looks like...I fucking nailed him!

And finally there is a one panel preview of my Frankenstein story. Well, it's more of just a test panel to try out methods of finishing the pages. I'm going for a brushy, loose and gritty feel for this project and I am really excited about the out come. It's so different for me. I'm so used to my process of cleaning a drawing up so much and making it super slick, that it was a nice change of pace to really go in there and just ink from the gut. I used a Staedtler Duo 3000 brush pen and the old trusty sharpies to fill in the big areas.

enjoy
s

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im really diggin that test panel man, looks great, I'm really excited to see more from this project, and Ive seen Norton...and Damn it is spot on dude.


Scott " Rage_Fist " Hume

dustin said...

you do a really nice dirty style man, combined wiht your confident use of blacks also. i'd be sweet to see mroe of it when get aroudn to it.

Tim Bye said...

These are great! - You really are very versatile in style. The noir piece is fab! I also like the LPS blog you started - looks like great fun!

Rollie said...

Skottie, awesome Frankie panel! It's just like i was hoping it to be, the awesome crazy look in the eyes, cool.

Anonymous said...

If you value your art at all, don't use sharpies.

It degrades the drawing over time and turns it yellow.

Anonymous said...

MAN! YOU'RE A HERO!!! I HAVE BEEN YOUR FAN FOR YEARS! AND I LIKE ALL OF YOUR DRAWINGS (AAAAAALLLLLL OF YOUR DRAWINGS) AND THESE NEW WORKS ARE COOL AS ALWAYS!!!!! Maybe if you will have some free time, can you draw some pics in your amazing GRAFFITY style, you know, like Iceman and stuff! But if you will have a time!
Thanks, dude, can't wait to see more of your pics!

Brian said...

Scottie doing Frankenstein. YES!

Brian.

P.S. Like what your doing in the test panel.

daniel said...

hey,

these look phat, man...keep it up.

and while our talk has gotten one published story, the other isn't going to pan out.

piss.

sorry man...but hopefully we can shoot the bull in chi-town soon.

d

Kanokadafi said...

that last panel is something else man.

Antonio Santamaria said...

Frankenstein is a huge story... these sketches are really beuty, really you will create a great version. I'm waiting to see more about it. COngratulations!

St3! said...

Ehy you!

GREEEEAAAT stuff as usual!

--St3!

MBKKR said...

Just found your blog trough a link on John Nevarez his blog. I must say you make some great work man. Like it a lot.

Biboun said...

ooohh my god it's so bautyfull
i love love love it ^^

O_o

Anonymous said...

Mike Norton...I fucking nailed him

er...does he know about this?

.:ChAOSBOY:. said...

Great works! I like the ink.
I'll check for other posts.
sorry for my terrible english.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,