Saturday, February 10, 2007

Already Dead



I know I've been out of the loop for longer than I should have been, but I've been working on something pretty huge. Huge as in pure size, not really huge as in..what ever, you get the point. So, this is my new Cable/Deadpool cover featuring T-Ray. This was a character from the old DP series. He's like a zombie, voodoo guy. So, I decided to make good old Cable and Deadpool in voodoo dolls.

This is another in my line of texure, funky, "i'm an artist" type of covers...haha. I'm having a blast with these things, and from the majority of your comments, you guys seem to be feeling them as well. I thank you for that. It's nice that most of you are open to the new ideas. And for those of you who arent into them, it's ok and I completely understand. There will be some more "skottie" work coming.

I can't give you the full details just yet, but I am taking over as regular artist on a new Marvel book. For those of you that have asked me in the past when I might get on a regular title...well the wait is over. It won't be long and I'll have some art and the title, but for now just know that it will be starting very soon.

enjoy.
s.

18 comments:

Scott Hume said...

Ah this is great man, I love the little Voodoo dolls, there great, and the texture on this one is really nice.

Kid Flash said...

Once again, looks great. I'm lovin' the style of these covers, man.

C. J. said...

Great work Skottie, I'm glad to see you are pushing the evelope & trying different styles and texture. Keep it up.

Chris Slinger said...

Dude! That's friggin' awesome, as always! Love the yellow button for Voodoo Cable's eye there, very nice touch, very nice.

daniel said...

so you're just going to leave us hanging like that, eh? that kind of stuff drives me crazy.

i used to hate it when we'd be driving somewhere and mom would say, "we're going to go somewhere special," but wouldn't say where until we show up at mcdonald's 15 minutes later. those 15 minutes were an eternity! and now you're doing the same thing!

but the lines look great, my friend...

www.dustinevans.biz said...

Totally diggin' the cover man. I like the voo doo doll idea, and the textures are nice. The Frankenstein stuff you're doing is really interesting too.

I'm glad to hear you'll be on a regular book. Looking forward to it.

frank cairo said...

you mean i get to see skottie art on a monthly basis hell yes!!!. can't wait to see what it is! love the cover art. it has this great "se7en" movie feel . real creepy. keep drawing and i'll keep buying!

Jonchan said...

AWWW T-Ray?? muthaf*kkin T-Ray? shcweet

dude loving your covers like words couldn't describe. I'm hoping you stay on doing Deadpool stuff for a while

Kanokadafi said...

looks great man!!

Israel Cruz said...

Awesome work skottie. I see that you are doing an issue of New Xmen. That wat you takin' over on??? Either way, can't wait for the issue.

Ryan Voss said...

Skottie!

It took me a while to get here, but this place is great! Thanks for suggesting I visit. The new art-jerk covers continue to rock and while I like the voodoo doll one quite a bit, I'm mad that we have to wait even longer to see that first cable one in print!

See you at the shop!

spootnik said...

I have one question !!! How do you do this paiting ( with photoshop ? ) ???

If someone Know please answer...
Great work !

Skottie Young said...

hahah...i will never tell...haha. a mixture of things. photoshop, ink, things laying around the house. a little of everthing.

thanks everyone!

spootnik said...

I'm going to do my stuff. And one day you'r going to asks me the same question. lol

Valhalla Comics said...

Beautiful work Skottie. I love the voodoo dolls; they're perfect for the series. ;] I'm also really digging your new style (though, still appreciating your other, more classic, skottie-esque style that's made you a staple in the industry). Keep on keeping on, bro. (On to your next post!)

dustin said...

man! those are some serious hotness man, cant wait to see where it goes.

Anonymous said...

Ever think of selling it as a poster?

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,