Friday, June 29, 2007

Cover and A little News



Here is a new Cover for Cable Deadpool. I think this issue has already came out, or is coming out this week.

Onto the news. I will not be attending any more conventions for awhile. At least for this coming year. My work schedule has been insane, with 3 cover gigs and a monthly book of pencils and inks...I'm on my last leg..haha. And I have a few personal projects that I need to finally get started on and the conventions seem to distract me from doing so.

I've been asked a million times over the years "When are you going to do a creator owned project?" and I always answer "When I come up with an idea." Well, I've finally thought of a few ideas and I'm diving head first into them. Now, these will take me awhile, as I will still be working for Marvel. But I'm fine with knowing that they are in the works. One I'm writing, and I have another outstanding artist drawing that. And one I will write and illustrate. I'm not going to give any details on anything just yet. It's just too early.

So, with this in mind, I've decided that I won't attend another convention until one of these projects are done and ready for the world. Self imposed prison term! If you don't see me at the Cons this year, just know that in the end it will be worth it...hopefully. If I do all this work and you don't like it then fuck you! haha.


more later
s.

9 comments:

Scott Hume said...

this cover is badass man I love the look on Gambit, great job man, as always, and like I said on good old myspace, I can't wait to see what your cooking up.

COMIKXGUY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
COMIKXGUY said...

so is SDCC a "no - go" ?

Skottie Young said...

I'm afraid so.

Spencer Carnage said...

Yeah, but how does this cover tie into the next big summer X-men cross-over, The Messiah Complex?!? I NEED TO KNOW.

frank cairo said...

congrats on the self imposed exile. it takes a strong man to admit that work comes before fun! you'll be missed at the cons. but if this means we get more stuff from you then great. i can't wait to see your creator owned projects even though they are a little ways off. keep drawing and writing man.i'll keep buying.

Amer Kokh said...

excellent work, But I think the old coloring style is so much better than this, but still looks great.

Mike Ratliff said...

Skottie I luv your art man and got a fortunate chance to meet you at a chicago con in 05 and loved your art. Ecspecially the graffiti style that comes with it. I wanted to know if you had any advice as far as how to work on doing cartoony cities from nice cities to creepy ones, and how to work on getting things done at quick pace? Thanks alot for your work and all your dedication.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,