Monday, June 18, 2007

Covers and Such






UPDATE: I know, you're probably already sick of me, but here is another cover in the solicits this month. I'm doing covers on Marvel Adventure Iron Man as well. Hey, I figured I try and make each of you want to end it all after I take over ever books covers. I'm out to rule the world!!!

I just got back from Heroes Con. I had a pretty good time catching up with some people and meeting alot of new faces at the show.

First, thanks to all the Around Comics Podcast listeners who came by to show support. It was great meeting you guys, and i'm glad you've tolerated my invading the show.

These are a few new covers that just got solicited this week so I can show them now. One is for New X-men 42 and the other for Cable/Deadpool..um...whatever, I've lost track. Both of these happened to fall under a vintage comic feel. Because of Bucky being in CAB/DP, I wanted to make it feel like an old school comic that's been worn out and read a million times. I apllied the old dot printing style to help achieve the vintage feel. I also did a mock up version with the logo to show that DP would pop out a little more once the logo was in.

X-men came after, and due to story line I thought this would be a chance for me to pay tribute to one of the greatest artists of all time, Norman Rockwell. I've always wanted to this but just couldn't fine the story that would fit it. So, I was happy to get this chance. Again, I wanted to make it feel like an old magazine, wrinkled from time and faded a little from light. It was a great learning experience and something that I didn't know if I could pull off. It's just another part of this crazy experimental stage I've been going thru.

Lastly, is a con sketch I did with water colors. It's pretty crazy for me and was a challenge to do. Hopefully I learn from this and keep pushing forward.

Ok, I've babbled long enough.

enjoy
s.

18 comments:

Josh S. said...

Damn, Skottie. Those are AMAZING. I would buy both of these covers as posters.

Josh
(SchippeWreck on the AC forums.)

Chrispy said...

OHHHHHH! Wassup sonny spoon, its me Chris......aight i'll make it easy yo, one of the 2 briothers who live right by you, lol.

Hey man, it was great getting to chit chat and act a damn fool with you and Josh man. We always would see each other its great to finally break that ice man, "YAAA MEEN".

We definitely gotta find some time to chill man,i'll be calling you sometime throughout the week yo, as of right now though, time to release some N-R-G!

And please remember, "IM ONLY SELLING THE ONES HANGING UP DAMMIT!" haha,

PEACE YO!

Scott Hume said...

Skottie man, these are fucking rad to the bone, I love the DP and bucky one it's great, I hope ya have prints of em, I totally want one, and nice job with the watercolors man, can't wait to see more.

Max said...

I love the art on the Rockwell homage. Very clever.

Todd Michael Rogers said...

I want to work with you so bad it hurts.

daniel said...

dude...sounds like someone (above) has a boy crush.

but yeah, it's pretty good stuff. i can see why he'd whisper these sweet nothings to you via the web.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Antonio Torres said...

fuckin awesome dude!!!!!!! you are an inspiration to me......
really really amazing....and your work it´s amazing!!!!!
so.. i want to see some Iron Fist or Luke Cage...maybe some day....

Anonymous said...

Hey Skottie! Its me Dan I love your art!!! I really like your cover of Dead Pool and that soldier lookin guy, Bucky? Anywase I would highly apriciate it if u could go to my blog and post some comments. my blog name is...

www.pencil-pad.blogspot.com

COMIKXGUY said...

just heard ya on around comics episode #109

gonna miss "the x effect" ?

"all the good ones like me" ha ha

mondo marvel talkin' crap again

image only? that's nuts

no midget wrestling? how about a match between you and mike ringo? chairshots and a cage match would rule

oh well...

see ya @ SDCC !!!

COMIKXGUY said...

from mike ringo's blog:


"I was thrilled to get to meet guys like

Dean Trippe, Sean “Cheeks” Galloway, Eric Powell, Jonboy Myers and Robin “Pepe” Mitchell

face-to-face. I’ve interacted with them online for years… and it was great to be able to see and talk with them in person. It was also terrific to see folks like

Jeff Parker, Keron Grant, Ed McGuinness, Nathan Massengill, Tim Townsend, Brandon Peterson, Brian Stelfreeze, Karl Story

….. I could go on and on.



after all these names he mentioned, he didn't mention you...

(cue mortal kombat theme music)

CAGE MATCH TIME!

maybe david mack and oeming can tag team too!

gothicFLAVOURS said...

Hi Skottie! First post in your blog. Your art is amazing and I'm really loving your work on New X-Men, it's so good.

biboun said...

the second pic its amazing wow

i love your work again and again
thx for my eyes!!!!!!

KissDum said...

Norman Rockwell New X-Men ish cover is very cool, smart and funny. I wish you could dstay on new x-men for a long time. I will continue to buy anytihn gyou draw. Good Luck with everything

Mac said...

The "aged" effects look phenomenal. Were they done in photoshop or some other software I should be aware of?

Either way, it was nice meeting you at Heroes Con. (I was the guy that gave you the
book
... hope you enjoy it... if you ever get a chance to read it.)

Glad to see your experiments are paying off. Keep up the good work!

eugene commodore said...

that Iron man is dope

cin said...

Love the covers. That's one sweet Phoenix sketch, one of my favorites in a while. She's fun to draw, I think, with all the sweeping fire effects and body language. Great stuff!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,