Monday, July 09, 2007

30 Minute Warm up: Man Thing


I'm trying to do some quick warm ups before I get started on the days work. We'll see if I can keep them up.

This one took me about 30 minutes, maybe a few less. Sketched quickly with blue pencil, and then inked with the Staedtler Mars Graphic 3000 duo. It's a great sketching brush pen. I'm trying to keep these warm ups quick for a few reasons. One, I have to get to the work on the table and Two, I want to draw something from the gut. No thought or planning or toiling over the thought that it isn't cool enough. I just want to let the hand start moving around the paper and see what happens.

Today was Man Thing. The Marvel version of Swamp Thing...I think. I don't really know anything about this character. But I was listening to Bullpen Bulletins and someone mentioned that it would be cool if I drew this guy. I thought it would be fun to try.

And, don't forget to check the side bar for the new Episode of Around Comics.

enjoy
s.

7 comments:

Scott Hume said...

Freakin badass man, I really enjoy seeing these warm ups man, just nice raw drawings, keep em coming.

Craig Zablo said...

The warm-up sketches are a great idea... especially for us fans!

murf said...

Excellent work. I listened to the Around Comics episode with realism in comics; enjoyed it alot.

COMIKXGUY said...

ME TOO!

THAT SIDE BAR IS A GOOD IDEA

IS IT ME OR EVERY TIME YOU SEE THE NAME "MAN -THING" YOU HAVE TO CHUCKLE LIKE BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD?

billhanna said...

pretty cool.

cin said...

Great Man-Thing. Lovin' the warm ups. :)

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,