Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Warm-Up: We've Got a War to Fight


Today's warm up is something that I've meant to draw for years and I'm not sure why I haven't. Tank Girl. Jamie Hewlett is a huge inspiration to me and has been since the days of Tank Girl. I love the books, the movie, and the new Ashley Wood edition of the book. I love it all. I think that when I'm too much a fan of something, I tend not to draw it. Maybe it's fear that I could not reach the level the material that I've loved for so long, or maybe it's perfect in my mind and there is no need to taint it. But...fuck it right. Here's my quick take on Tank Girl.

[update] For those of you wondering, all the warm up drawings are on 81/2 x 11 Xerox cardstock. Colors done in photoshop. Inked with Sukura Brush Pen.

10 comments:

Trevor Traylor said...

sick art skottie! you are always an inspiration.

Scott Hume said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Hume said...

dude, you rocked this hard, nice job man, I love the highlights in the tank, I would love to see more steampunk characters from ya man, still got mine hangin on the wall.

Skid said...

sweet tank girl drawing!

eugene commodore said...

This is dope Skottie, what size paper are you doing these on? I you dont mind me asking

ryan said...

This is awesome....what are you using as far as coloring goes....

Chris Battle said...

Excellent job; It's cool to see cats like you and Ashley picking up the pencil from where Hewlett left off!

Neil said...

I like the band-aids. That's going to hurt when she takes them off, though. (ouch)

Also, I like the new look of your blog. It does look diferent, right?

www.dustinevans.biz said...

Tank Girl rocks my socks off, and so dose this pic. I think you did it justice. I really dig the textures. Nice.

Ashley A. Woods said...

i don't think you can ever do any fan drawing wrong, skottie. you're so talented. ^^