Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ringo: Honor by Doing


So, since I did the last painting, I've been trying to do something else to draw that could honor my buddy Mike. But I said everything I needed to say to him thru that one piece and I don't think I can do any better. I thought a little and came to the conclusion that the best thing I could do is keep on posting my own stuff. Mike posted 3 times a week, at least. And he did all he could to make sure he posted 3 times a week, and I will attempt to do it myself. So, I will pay tribute to Mike by just talking about some drawings!

This Hulk piece is a few weeks old. I did this at LPS drawing night, with water color. It's slightly a disaster in my opinion. I'm still learning about the water colors and how they work with each other. This turned a bit muddy and not what I had in my mind. But you know, that's how it goes sometimes right, and I want to try and get more pieces up here that I feel to be a little off the mark. They all can't be winners. I will attempt to take another pass at the Hulk here soon and see if I can't pull off something a little stronger.

enjoy
s.

13 comments:

Scott Hume said...

Disaster my ass man, this is pretty freakin sweet, I love the white ink at the bottom, really adds to it man, nicely done as always dude.

ShapeStrong said...

I can't think of a better way to honor mike. I am loving your versitlity in style.

Gary Bingaman II said...

That is awesome, in my opinion... the Green is very striking and I love the scatchy look at the bottom... very cool piece.

Looking forward to some new Around Comics episodes too... stay positive.

Alikins said...

honestly, i think it's fantastic! i think mike would think the same :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great, your to hard on yourself

Anonymous said...

I think that's why I miss Mike so much. I would check out his website daily, even when I knew nothing new was posted. It was always so fun to see the wide range of subjects he would choose to draw.

Josh said...

What's that saying? "One man's trash is another man's treasure?"

I can understand the artistic side of not being satisfied with something though... but still... I think you've nailed it. I think the biggest tribute to Mike is in the "doing". And perhaps even bring the fun back into comics...

Lookin' forward to the posts Mr.Young

Neil Adams said...

That's a cool Hulk!

Todd Alan said...

You're far too modest. I think this looks great. I really think that your "experimental" stuff has a nice Sienkiewicz vibe. I can't wait to see more.

Tom Daylight said...

I like it... strongly remeniscent of Adam Kubert's take on the character.

Glad that you're honouring Mike. I miss him. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Your HULK is outstandingly green!
But on the other hand, I know what your talking 'bout getting things just the way you want them.

Keep it up.

Comicboy Studios.

The Guy from myspace.

raresins said...

hi, i rather like the the ilo of the Hulk ya did, it caught the energy and savage nature of da character. keep at it. oh an when will they collect your spider clan work.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,