Thursday, September 13, 2007

Once again, back, it's the incredible...


...slacker.

Well, not really the slacker, but I have been so busy trying to wrap up this run on New X-men that I've had to ignore the blog a little more than I'd like. I only have about 3 weeks left of this insane schedule and then I'm going to die for a day or two. So, for the next few weeks, there might be fewer posts than usual. I'll try to stay up to date as much as I can.

I've been reading Bendis and Maleev's run on Daredevil lately and I must say that I really enjoy it. I haven't decided but it's up there with some of my favorite super hero books. Maybe because it doesn't seem that super hero. Anyway, I enjoy it quite a bit. So today I thought I would use that as my warm up. Instead of working black into white paper, I reversed it today and used black paper and worked thru a negative. I used the paper as my shadow and colored pencil to work in the light. I don't work with black paper or colored pencil often, but it was an interesting exercise that I hope to play with some more.

It's not much, but there you go.

enjoy,
s.

17 comments:

Project Director said...

Juicy!

Cal. said...

Come on! I really like ur Work!

I'm ur FAN from Chian. :)

Anonymous said...

That would make one wicked ass cover.

Lino said...

Awesome job, sir !!

Like Frank Millar before you, Daredevil has never looked better.

Grant Gould said...

that turned out pretty badass -- makes me wanna buy some black paper and try it out.

Diggity said...

Total dopeness. I'm a new listener to Around Comics and was amazed that their are kick ass comic fans/pro's sharing the same city I live in. Keep up the good work. Did you ever announce your new project yet?

Anonymous said...

kick ass picture as usual and can you please tell us what your new project is =)

Omar "OX" Rodriguez said...

I like how you did his teeth

Mellon said...

bendis and maleev really showed what mainstream comics can do if given a long enough run to really tell a huge story and make it all make sense and satisfying. it's unfortunate that there aren't more long runs like that in general, but such is the nature of the medium right now.

bad ass piece btw.

-mellon

Seth said...

I think you're onto something there & should play with that more. I used to do entire gallery shows of colored pencil work & I'd like to see where you go with it.
FYI- the best surface for colored pencil is the cardboard backing of sketch pads, but I also grab scraps of matte board from frame shops if I want a color & they always have some black.

neil adams said...

That would certainly make an awesome cover!

Neil said...

Slacker?! What happened to the "Rhyme Animal"?

Public Enemy #1

Mikey said...

Dude, I like this one! If it were on a t-shirt, I'd wear it.




Side note: your Art Archives link is broken.

Justin Rodrigues said...

thats pretty sweet!

www.dustinevans.biz said...

Dark and dirty...I like it ;)

Anansi(Kedd) said...

I really like this piece and have made it the background on my work computer. You sir, a true talent

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,