Thursday, October 04, 2007

Must Not Sleep, Must go Listen

Continuing the week of no art posts but still trying to update, I wanted to give everyone a new podcast to go listen to.

SIDEBAR

This is a great interview podcast. I know, there are a ton of these out there but for me, as an artist, this one is quickly becoming my favorite. It focuses mainly on artists which seems to be more rare than you would think. It has been a writer driven industry lately and everyone is always talking about and interviewing writers. So to get a hold of a podcast that focuses on the art world is very exciting. And not just the "top selling books" type of artists...they are really reaching.

Like most podcasts, these guys have been learning as they go and you can see by the interviews they've pulled in the last few episodes, they are not fucking around. Drew Struzan...come on now, you can't beat that. I've never heard an interview with him and it was great to listen to his thoughts. The latest episode, the guys talk to Ben Templesmith and is equally informative. I love that they are going for not only the "big names" but guys that have something to say artistically. Here's hoping that they can keep getting this caliber of artists on the show.

Go Listen.

8 comments:

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Sweet. I'll give it a listen. I'm always wanting to hear new shows and see which ones will grab me (like Around Comics, iFanboy, Word Balloon, and Real Time have :) As I'm sure you know, listening to interesting audio while drawing and painting can help the day pass.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Jim

patricio said...

Scottie Ive just bought NXM 42 and the art us SUPERB man! and the history is amazing and nice. you are such a amazing artist!!!! you should do a Young Avengers special featuring the NXMEN

cheers
Patricio

LENNY said...

I think you're just pimpin' them so they'll have you as a guest on the show. haha. I'll be sure to check it.

James said...

Just checked it out. I like what they are all about. Very artist orientated. I dig anything to do with artistic process and experimentation.

I think your art is great and can see through your sketching and experimentation that you devote yourself to improving your artistic level.

Keep up the good work.

Joey said...

That's a great line-up of interviews. I don't know if I've heard most of those guys.

Thanks for pointing Sidebar out.

Grant Gould said...

thanks for the heads-up, i'll check them out for sure. i'm always looking for more artist/illustration-based podcasts. (fuckin' writers get all the attention these days) ;P

Kris Carter said...

Hey Skottie!
Thanks for the heads up on this 'cast. I'm another guy who listens to podcasts while he labors for 12 hours a day over pages, every new decent podcast is welcome.

~Kris

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,