Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Whole New World


Again, I've been awol for a week or so from posting images but I have been working.  I was sick for a little over a week and I used that down time to finally start writing my first graphic novel.  I've been toying with the story for about a year, but I've actually put it together and started writing full on pages.  It seems that's the norm right, so why the fuck the self patting of my back.  Well, usually I spend ages putting together character ideas, story ideas, any ideas, and then just let it float away.  I think it's a fear of just starting the writing process.  Maybe I've been afraid I won't be good at it, or that it is something that requires some secret tools that I haven't been told about.  But, it really was just a mixture of fear and pure laziness.  

I'm a big believer in being honest with myself.  I was probably 10% scared, and 90% lazy.  Not lazy in the way of not liking to do work, but lazy in the way that I think there will always be time, you know, later on.  But I'm not getting younger and I don't want to be a person who spends my entire life trying to tell one story.  So, I have finally beaten both of those and now I'm 100% pushing full steam ahead on the script.

I have to let some of  you down in that I will not be telling you what the title is, what the book is about, or show you any artwork from the book until the last page is finished.  Again, I'm trying to keep myself from being the person who starts promoting a product that just doesn't exist.  I will not promote ideas.  Until it's finished, it's just that...an idea.  At this point, there is not time table or release date.  It's done when it's done.  I will say, it is being worked on so it shouldn't be too far off in the future.

This is what I will tell you.  It is a GRAPHIC NOVEL.  It will not come out as issues.  I am only writing this one.  I will be working with another artist, and so far I fucking love the direction we're going with the art.  His name is Chris Carman  and the designs he's  given me so far are fantastic.  That's it, that's all you get.
Oh, and I am doing design work on my next Marvel project, so that should be announced soon.

enjoy
s.

19 comments:

COMIKXGUY said...

SWEET!

GOOD LUCK SKOTTIE :)

COMIKXGUY said...

BTW I LIKE THAT THIS DRAWING LOOKS LIKE THE ONE ABOVE

LIKE YOU SAID: "BE A KID AGAIN. JUST CREATE.

I REALLY WILL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR GRAPHIC NOVEL


HA HA, MY TIME SAYS 4:20!

OH YEAH, GUYS GO CHECK OUT AN AWESOME DUDE NAMED HOWARD SHUM AT:

howardshum.blogspot.com

YA KNOW HAD TO :)

Scott Hume said...

Right on Skottie, right fucking on, Ive been waiting for ya to finally do your own shit, though it may be awhile, I know it's gonna be so rad it will hurt.

Lenny said...

Take your time and make it perfect man. We'll be here waiting for the final product in all it's Skottie awesomeness glory.

mato. said...

hope i can get the novel over here in Argentina.. if not.. gonna have to buy it on the net..hahaha

saludos man.. and keep up the good work!



m.

Tyrone said...

A graphic novel! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I am done with single issues (no offense to fans of them, they definitely have their place) and would love more direct to graphic novels instead of choppy trades due to them being stuck with needing a climax every 22 pages. Hope it works out for you and encourages more stories to be told in this way.

neil adams said...

Ooooh, this sounds like it's gonna rock!

Snacks said...

wow can't wait to see it man huge fan I myself have to get to work and stop the 95% laziness 5%scared thingy that I'm going through.

libra bear said...

Fear and Laziness are the 2 things that get in my way for doing something. I commend your honesty and I wish you every success. York work is awesome, this will be too.

murf said...

Looking forward to both projects; I quite enjoyed your stint on New Xmen - great stuff.

James said...

You do what you have to do man.

100% support of what and how you are doing this.

Cheers,

Chris said...

Amazing Blogger.

You Style ROCKS!

CONGRATS

Anonymous said...

I love your work... keep it up. I'll be honest, I'm old and still damn lazy

GH33DA said...

I think you hit half of the reason I keep putting off writing. The other half is the more you write, the fewer possibilities for that story. I hate limits. But, every story MUST have them. So, I MUST write.

Chamber005 said...

Hi Skottie,

Besides the collection of books put out by Writer's Digest some 15 years ago, "The Elements of Fiction Writing" which I still find helpful, there's a book by Roberta Allen, "The Playful Way to Serious Writing" that might help unhinge you a bit. It's not so much a book as it is a collection of exercises.

If you can't find a copy let me know and you can borrow mine. I'm just over in Old Town.

XChamber005X@yahoo.com

Sinu .C.S said...

alwayz loved ur art!!! :)

Vhrsti said...

Love your picture here full of amazing colors!

towbson said...

looking foward

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,