Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heath Huston: Fear Agent!


Today's warm up is a tribute to a great guy and someone who seems to write 600 books a month, Rick Remender.  I had the chance to hang out a little and chat with Rick this past year in Arizona for Atomic Comics FCBD signing.  Nice guy, funny, and really loves the craft, both art and writing.  You have to respect a guy like that.  So I pulled out the brush and did a quick doodle of Heath Huston.
I haven't finished the Fear Agent trades yet, but am anxious to get to the 2nd volume due to my man love for Jerome Opena.  If you're not familiar with this artist you should walk to the nearest high bridge and toss yourself off.  He's incredible.  Besides the 2nd arc of Fear Agent, Jerome has done a series for Dark Horse called Lone and I think a Star Wars tales thing.  My favorite though is this spiral bound little book I found at the Toronto convention, I think he put out himself.  It's like 10 pages of black and white, no words, kick ass action laid on top of a Mad Max type world.  I think it's called Rusted Lung or some shit.  It's bad ass.  
And some of you have been writing and asking about my X-men: Divided We Stand story.  It will around 8 pages with story and art by me and will focus on my favorite New X-men character Anole.  Editor Nick Lowe called me up to see if I'd be interested and gave me a pretty big list of characters to choose from.  Despite that list having characters like Gambit, Nightcrawler, Sunfire, etc., I had to stay true to my boy Anole.  He's my guy, and I hope I can keep coming back to him in the future.  I'll give more details on the story in the coming weeks.
 

16 comments:

messytimbo said...

cool! i really like how you've coloured it!

emilio said...

That's an awesome sketch.

Anonymous said...

Cool i can't wait for more skottie goodness in x-men. i'll have to check out jerome's other work i liked his fear agent but didn't know about the rest. thanks for the heads up.

frank

CRUZ said...

HEY WE WANT SCOTTIE YOUNG IN YOUNG X-MEN JEJE

shane oakley said...

Buzzin' sketch! Got a lotta life/energy to it - as does all of your work. Along with Eric Canete you're the only OTHER reason i buy a Marvel comic.
Cheers, Shane.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic, I'd love to see you working on Runaways.

sway said...

This has nothing to do with what you wrote today or posted. I just wanted to say i love you comic pages. I tend to stay away from american comics cuz i find their panels to jammed full of info, but your style is simple and clean. Ive been a fan for many years, thanks for being awesome.

Grant Gould said...

Hey, I like the new layout/look of the site, man. :)

chickrockguitar said...

Woot! You picked ANOLE! Skottie, I am among a huge group of fans, who that you so so very much! Any exposure Vic can get is AWESOME! Thanks for fighting for our fave X-kid! Can't WAIT to pick up your story! -chickrockguitar

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

Cool new layout!

:) I noticed you new title picture... A fellow southpaw.

John said...

Nice sketch Skottie! I posted it to Rick's site and messageboard at Image and Dark Horse so the people over there could check it out as well.

Tony said...

really killer stuff, Skottie. i'm really loving the new looser direction you're taking. very impressive.

Salem said...

Amazing work, love the style of your coloring, the illustration an incredible work, and I’ve been a big fan of your unique style of comic art. Last but not least I would love to buy the Fear Agent if it’s for sale.


Salem.

Luis Gadea said...

love this one...the movement is amazing

חנצ' said...

I'M STILL IN SHOCK BY YOUR DRAWING, THEY ARE PERFECT!

did you had some lesson or it's natural?

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,