Monday, January 14, 2008

Something is Missing


The first post of the new year and it's just not all that special.  I'm working on a few things that you'll be able to see later, but for now you'll have to settle for a random doodle of absolutely nobody.  Though, once I finished it felt sort of like Michael Chiklis from the Shield.  I do love that show, so maybe it snuck in.  Whatever, there you go.

Now, something is missing.  Yes.  I have quite smoking.  As I type this, I'm on my 8th day with no cigarettes.  I used the nicorette gum for the first few days but seemed to not need it after I got over the hump.  The first 3 days were fucking hell and I can't believe I made it.  Now, I'm over the urge to smoke, but I still find images of cigarettes jumping in my head.  It's like having long hair for 14 years and then cutting it all off one day.  The first few days you want your hair back.  Then you're glad it's gone but you still feel as if something is missing.  Like washing your hair right...you used to have more to wash.  I feel like part of my arm isn't there.  It's not bad, just odd. 

I've realized that I've never spent a day of my adult life with out smoking almost a pack.  That's insane, and a little sad.  I walked outside on the 5th day of the quit and something smacked me in the face.  It was strange and something I didn't even know I haven't really experienced before.  It was the smell of fresh air.  I know, this sounds lame and a little bit emo...fuck you!  It's for real.  I never knew how much smoking really takes away your sense of smell.  So, things are very differen't in my life right now, there you go.

I'm also working on switching over my blog to Wordpress so I can have a little more of a custom site.  For the time being you'll see my posts here and there.  
enjoy
s.

17 comments:

eugene commodore said...

Good for you man I wish you the best of luck Scottie

Project Director said...

Does the food taste better, too? Hang in there!

Tinker D said...

Congratulations, Skottie- Good luck with staying off the cancer sticks!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on quitting smoking skottie. good for you. hang in there we are supporting you.

frank

Chris said...

Way to go Bro!!!!

Try a slice of pepperoni pizza and taste the difference!!!

Craig Zablo said...

Congrats on quitting! And yeah, THAT does have a Mackey vibe to it. Love the show and the drawing!

Grant Gould said...

Good for you, man... I know how hard quitting can be. I smoked for the majority of my adult life (from age 18 to 31) and it was tough.. It's been a couple years now since I quit, and I can't tell you how much better I feel, and how much friggin' money I save from not having to buy a goddamn pack every day. :)

I do still get the occasional craving, and I still sometimes dream about smoking (I know, talk about emo..) but that's just part of kicking the curse. I just went cold turkey, no gum or anything - after a month or two of hell, it became ten times easier after that, and now I consider myself a full-fledged non-smoker.

murf said...

Best of luck on your smoke-quitting endeavor, and thanks for recommending that book, "I Love You Beth Cooper," it's a great read, so far.

Neil Adams said...

Hang in there, Skottie! I quit smoking 10 years ago, and there is NOTHING I miss about it. I simply hated being a slave to chemicals every hour of the day. You can kick smoking, too!

Dani Serrano said...

I quite smoking 3 years ago and I can't be much happier, you'll feel better, trust me!

ragdoll80 said...

Duude thats a prayer answered man. It means that I will have one of my favourate artist around to inspire me for a long time to come. By the way, your new years post fits the description of Wilson Fisk that marvel gives (but has never portrayed), that is him being all muscle (not fat), as an explanation for his tremendous strength. Mr.Young please keep on doing what you do.

emilio said...

Skottie-
Congrats. The best of luck.

I quit some time ago.
It just gets easier and easier.

Love your artwork.

Pab said...

Good to see you posting again.
Congrats on the quitting

John said...

Quiting is more about a psychological battle instead of a withdraw symptom. The urges are nothing more then your body telling you that you didn't get your next fix. What's going on. You see the body has a memory and if you train it well like getting addicted to smoking then it will learn to adapt that memory.

Addiction is pschological and phsiological, but more psychological. Why do you say. Because hypnotism prooves that the mind can be told to do anything, simply following some standard procedures will remove any addiction.

Even so called patches are a way to trick the body into telling you that you had your fix, and so it will leave you alone if you did not have the patch or the fix.

Well done quiting smoking, the beginning is the hardest. The fresh air is clean and lovely to smell and smoking really leaves you out of the great things one really should enjoy while we live in a short life. When you're finally out of the woods you will come to realize how bad a thing you have being doing depriving yourself of the good things in life and why you didn't do it earlier.

It is really silly in a way, people would go to great extends caring for their cars but not themselves. I see this everywhere.

All the best.

John

chantix said...

To trigger off smoking cessation successfully, it is necessary to administer the quit smoking medicine Chantix in accordance with the instructions of the doctor. However, before taking chantix, it is also important for you to visit the website http://www.chantixmagic.com and acquire a first hand information on the medicine to ensure your quit smoking success.

chantix said...

We suggest you to buy chantix to quit the very dangerous 'nicotine' addiction by having the anti-smoking magic pill 'Chantix' which is Pfizer manufactured and approved by FDA on May 11,2006.For more sophisticated information about the side-effects of smoking and the treatment of it,Please logon to Chantix Online.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,