Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Settled In


Wow, it's been a long break from the blog.  I am officially moved and not living in the city anymore.  So far things have been strange, but good.  It's quiet here and I find myself realizing how many little things I've missed about non city living.  Freshly mowed grass...that smells fucking good, right.  Seeing actual stars at night time is a shocker.  Everyone you drive or ride past waves like they're happy to see you.  People working in stores call you "sweety" and talk to you about their day.  Not needing to lock up my bike like Fort Knox.  Like I said...strange, but good.  

Now that I've got my studio up and running I started thinking about new ideas.  An image of a kid soldier was in my head and I wondered what I  could do with it.  Then the title "The War of Ages" came to mind.  I liked it and thought that it might be interesting to tell a story about a World War that puts children against adults.  Imagine the struggle for those children of cusp of adulthood.  Which side would they choose, or better yet, which side would have them.  A global Lord of the Flies.  I don't know, there may be something to it, and I'll spend the next few weeks thinking it over. 

enjoy.
s.

11 comments:

Matt Hartzell said...

Are you ever going to be popping into Around Comics in the future? It just isn't the same without your rants.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. glad you got there ok and can't wait for your future projects. this one included. sounds very bad ass. i love the look of this it has that war time feel.

frank

Scott Forbes said...

This looks terrific Skottie!
I just sent you an email earlier, but thought I should leave a comment here.
Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself, living outside of the city.
Hopefully you flesh out the idea, sounds interesting.

Scott

Desenho Frito said...

this is fucking great!!!

visit
http://desenhofrito.blogspot.com/

James said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your transition from Big City life.

Are you able to dedicate more space to your studio now?

I think every artist wants more space to work with, I know I struggle with trying to contain my art space into a corner in the living room in my apartment. I fantasize about the day when I can devote a whole room to my cause.

sigh...

Best of luck with your War Child story.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome, Skottie. I love the idea of the lil World War with the kids against the adults. There's this lil independent movie about this kid that makes a sequel to First Blood called Son Of Rambow. Very good movie. Read my review and let me know if it interests you.

theoptimistandthecynic.blogspot.com

Scott Hume said...

Good to hear that your settled in man, take it from a guy who knows, as much as I complain about living out in a small town, those you pointed out, honestly makes it worth while. Really dig the sketch man, oh you doing any conventions this summer?

Mason said...

A World War that puts children against adults? Why, that sounds delicious! Get to it!

Love the picture.

www.dustinevans.biz said...

Congrats on getting moved out of the city. I live in Oklahoma, but still in a city...I constantly find my truck and apartment vandalized, drunk neighbors beat on your door in the middle of the night, etc...I can't wait the get the hell up out of here myself.

That aside, I dig the pic, and the artwork. Like an older, more mature Kids Next Door, lol.

Dylan Edwards said...

That picture of the child soldier puts me in mind of actual child soldiers - which is a very heartbreaking and terrible trend in many unstable regions of the world. It's a story that needs telling, and I think you might just be the man to do it.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,