Friday, June 20, 2008

Shut My Mouth




I say I'll have an update one day and a week later I'm here.  The first issue of any project I do always keeps me tied up while I get comfortable with it.  Oz has been no exception.  It's taken little time to get used the material and find my footing, but I think I'm there now.  I'm have so much fun working on this book and think that it will be something special when it's all wrapped up.  Eric has spared no detail in the scripts!!  

Onto my drawing for the day.  I'm going to force myself to throw a warm up drawing here at least 3 days a week and stop these big gaps of not updating with art.  

Today's a hint of a project I'm working on.  Child Wars is in development  stages and will take awhile to put together but this something that has been in the fire for awhile.  I won't say a name, and I won't say a date, but it's all about fun.  That's it.  Fun.  I was writing this for another artist but I think he's a little busy with some other stuff (I had no loot to throw up front so who could blame him...no hard feelings brother, you're still amazing.)  I love his work and will get him involved with Child Wars, something a little smaller in scope.  

Jesus, what a fucking ramble I just went on.  Back on topic.  I will be drawing this myself now.  I'm going to be using my nights after drawing Oz to work on this.  I will be tired as hell but I'm tired of not having my own book out there.  Don't you hate us artists...we're all so full of shit.  We're always talking a big game about this project and that project and boo fuckign wooo, i have no time.  I'm tired of my own bullshit and ready to put pen to paper and get something out there.  I skipped conventions this past year to work on things and got a great start, but have slacked a little lately.  It's time for me to shut my mouth, put it on my own back, and start climbing the hill.  My goal is to have my Graphic Novel done by next summer.  And hopefully Child Wars will have made a dent as well.

So, here is my vague ass teaser sketch for a unnamed project with no release date.  How do you like that for informative. 

20 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Love that you're regularly posting your art and thoughts here! Thank you!

ReB said...

I know how you feel, man. Starting a lot of projects, just to throw them away again.

That second sketch is sweet. I really like the dark, gritty feeling. Did you do it with a brushpen?

Anyway, looking forward to the regular updates, even if it's just sketches (cause you know, sometimes those quick, spontanious sketches can be just as cool as that piece you spend a lot of time on)

lordseth said...

thats fuckin sweet man, i love it. but i love the pod cast even more, heard ep3lastnight the knocking on the door bits where fuckin piss your pants funny dude i cant wait for the next one.
any idea on how i can get my hands on the frankenstien comic you did, im sure thats not what its called but fuckit you know what i mean. i need that shit real bad dude.either that or start shooting heroin. you decide.lol
keep the sketches coming dude

Skottie Young said...

Thanks everyone.

You can click on the Legion of Monsters in the Amazon bar on the sidbar of my blog. My Frank story is in there.

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Surprisingly inspiring rant Skottie. Seriously man, as an artist myself, I know I can get into the "If only I could do this or that" for a long time instead of just fucking doing it! I've been pretty good about it this year but I can certainly slide back into the procrastination mode. Hearing your call to arms (of sorts) helped with my motivation today, so thanks!

Oh, and thanks also for recommending Charlie Huston's books (have you read his real world stuff? I.E. the non-Joe Pitt books? GREAT stuff too!). But anyhow, thanks for turning me onto him AND to "I Love You Beth Cooper" -- great great book! Thanks for the recommendations & keep 'em coming!

Congrats on the new podcast too -- good stuff.

Best,
Jim

drewblom said...

What are you using to sketch with? Defn a different feel.

Len Diggity said...

Sweet warm up. It looks like a cop who's been on the beat for too long watching kids tag a garbage bin or something. Very awesome.
I'm always interested in the projects (and side projects) you're working on. So ramble on about them for days man. Take it easy.

Mason said...

God that's so cool. You're amazing. You have this liveliness to your art.

Looks awesome, dude.

Scott Hume said...

sweet jesus man, I can't wait to see more and more of this project,Ive been waiting along time for you to bust your own shit man, Im looking forward to that day i throw a Skottie Young OGN on thee ol shelf.

andy kuhn said...

that drawing is way cool! as soon as you put this book out i'm buyin' it!

Anonymous said...

hey mr young you are in the words for x-men MANIFEST DESTINY i am fan of your art

saludos

COMIKXGUY said...

ROCK ON !!!!!

see ya at SDCC?

JMRinguet said...

I like the drawing and I like the words that go with it. Yeah it's all about the personal projects; I'm sure there are tons of artists out there with a great story in the back of their brains but never with a chance to put it on paper. Shame.
Hope you can do it!

Your 'new' style is way cool.

Anonymous said...

SAM & TWITCH rip off!!!

BUNT PAPIER said...

HELLO SKOTTIE!!
ONE WORD FUCKING GREAT BLOG!!!!!

Jason Seiler said...

Dang this is cool!!!

spiderjarb said...

Hola Skottie Young!!!!!!!

tengo que admitir que debo ser uno de tus mayores fanaticos en Argentina!!!!!!! , amigo , tus dibujos son increibles!!!!!


you are the best , in your style !!


yo tambien soy dibujante , no tan experimentado como tu , pero para mis 18 años , creo que estoy bien , se que con el tiempo voy a evolucionar!!!!!!



skottie , te espero por mi metro , y que dejes un comentario....


estoy emprendiendo un proyecto con un amigo canadiense , seras el primero en enterarte de que se trata , !!!!!!




bye friend!!!!!



the J A R B 08

MASSIMOasaro said...

great,man

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!