Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dim Twit


Ok, so I thought I would drop in today with an update of my first full day of being apart of Twitter. My first impression is that it isn't as bad as I thought it was... for some people. For others that i've made the mistake of following, it's worse than I imagined.

Some people give links to what they worked on that day, or tips on getting into comics. These type of things are very helpful to many people.

Some people are tragically in need of 11 kinds of attention and seem to just sit and wait for a "tweet" so that they can then pounce on it with some want-so-hard-to-be-witty reply that it actually disturbs me a bit. I guess that's the problem. Comedy rarely gets translated well thru words. It's about delivery and timing and inflection. Typing out a sarcastic or witty remark just reads as snobby and pompous, never funny. And when done 20 times in a row it seems a bit sad and pathetic... but still not funny.


Twitter. I'm on it now, but it's still strange and I'm sure I'll find myself not following many people. I am happy with the positive points of it for now. I'll keep you up to day on my "progress"... haha.

Since today's post didn't have much of a point, I'll top it off with some art in the same vein. A page of doodles.

10 comments:

cosmictadpole said...

I can't tweet, since it's blocked by my work, so I'm totally out of the loop. Sounds useful but over-rated. BTW, I picked up some of your Wizard of Oz comics a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the art work; which is how I happened to google your name and find your blog.

Skottie Young said...

Thank you very much!

Fabian said...

Don't care about using that twitter thing, but what i do care a lot is having your new book in my hands!! Can't wait to buy it!

Mason said...

Yeah, I recently made an account on Twitter. Didn't see anything incredible about it. I'll follow you. And great doodle. Love the teeth. XD

Webber said...

I was curious if you have made a decision on which app you prefer to do your digital inking and/or drawing?

I am leaning towards Painter but haven't tried Sketchbook Pro yet.

Thanks,
Webber

A. Jonathan Cox said...

I use it to follow people who either: (a) have a job that I want, or (b) are funny. As far as (a) goes, sometimes you can pick up something interesting and helpful. But if you're not careful you can get sucked into a vortex of inane bullshit.

Wally said...

I want to see this pocket brush in action. Have any samples you could toss up?

Scott Hume said...

haha man I didn't know what twitter was until a couple days ago, when you posted about it, seems interesting I guess, but man I am digging that silhouette doodle, and the teeth on the one character, priceless.

Brax Harrison said...

Aye, I started with the twitter thing. I've discovered that it's pointless to follow a great deal of people - you can't keep up. I tried to hide a bit on there because people from the real world started following me. There is my comic/art friends then their is my real world friends - and never the twain shall meet.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,