Friday, March 20, 2009

On the "Table" today


The Cintiq isn't really a table, but I'm doing cover thumbnails today. Here is a cover idea that I really love but I missed the mark for the cover. I need to have Wolvie in costume and don't really think it would work the same way. No big deal. That's the beauty of doing something this small and loose. You don't mind if you miss the mark, no harm, no foul.

I love doing cover thumbs digitally as it allows me to do a full color mock up on the fly. Before I'd have to sketch after sketch, wasting a tone of paper while I looked for the composition that I wanted. Then scan it and do the color stuff. I'm not going to pretend that it was back breaking, but once I started handling this stage on the Cintiq, I really felt more free to try all types of things.

20 comments:

Joe Romano 2 said...

cool pic skottie, did you do this in sketchbook pro or another program?

dkoi said...

@joe Romano 2 That's Photoshop he's using in the photo. I think in the youtube video he said he likes to pencil in sketchbook pro and color in photoshop.

@skottie will your podcast be on itunes or through your blog?

Workhorse said...

lookin ill

I like logan in his street clothes better anyway

Xav said...

A little Wolvie!!! GOOD!!!J'aime !!!

Joe Romano 2 said...

Thanks Dkoi, I gotta lot to learn with the digital stuff

eugene commodore said...

Damn I need one of those

pointpusher said...

I just discovered your blog today via the gents over at sidebar, and man, I'm glad I did. You do some amazing work sir!

flores said...

man nice work, lovely, tellme witch number of blue did u use for sketching?

An said...

I am enamored with cintiq, but she is very expensive for my, by the way... Happy 30 birthdays

andy kuhn said...

cool ruff, sir. it has a kind of ted mckeeverish feel to it.

xenos said...

cintiq? damn jealous man. how's it anyway? heard mixed things about it. something about having to calibrate it all the time. anyhow, cheers...

Brax Harrison said...

Cintiqs are pencils and paper from the future.

david santos said...

Really great work! Cool!

steve said...

Awesome..awesomw awesome..the oz ones look the best...big comic fan always looking for something different....Zman sends

Matt Zolman said...

Nice thumb of Wolvie! Watched your earlier videos, nice. I'm using a Wacom tablet and SBP and you are absolutely right! The freedom to try something and not be tied down incredible. Thanks for sharing and look forward to more!

Kurtis said...

Nice i love seeing art come together. So yea did i mention that i am jealous of your Cintiq... lol..

mick statham said...

NEED, NEED, NEED a Cintiq...NOW!!!

ericmesquivel said...

super sweet, sir.

-eric m. esquivel
www.ModernMythologyPress.com

PlaidKlaus said...

How do you find drawing on a Cintiq? It looks pretty sweet, does it feel as natural?

good work skottie.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,