Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Piggy lost his glasses


Steven Gettis has an amazing collection of art by an incredible list of the top names in the art game and he's been pestering me for years to add my piece to the bunch. Honestly, it's always a bit intimidating to do a piece that will stand next to the artist he has. But he finally nailed me down when he sent me the entire collection of AKIRA books.

Check out his gallery of Literary Characters and Authors

I was going to do an I AM LEGEND piece but decided at the last minute to switch up to LORD OF THE FLIES. It was a very fun piece to work on.

11x14 bristol board, smooth
Brush and Ink,
Water Color
Acrylic
White out
Colored pencil
Photoshop adjustment

13 comments:

rocketfuelsushi said...

This is just so DOPE! Dunno what else you're working on, but based on this painting, you need to convince MArvel to let you do a Lord of the Flies adaptation.
I've been a fan for awhile, but this is just sick. Great work!

Fabian said...

Amzing piece Skottie, really cool!! Love Lord of the Flies, and i agree with 'Rocket Fuel Sushi', a comic adaptantion by you would be PERFECT!! :)
Hugs!

Amelia K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerald said...

Wow! Love the outcome of mixed mediums used. Very nice Skottie!

The Snob said...

wow. this is sick! I'd love to have a print!

Ben BASSO said...

Great work !

joshua wysocki said...

great piece and a great book!

Joe Romano 2 said...

Incredible!
Counting down the days till Junk gets here. Can't wait.

Alec Berry said...

That is fucking awesome! New cover to the book right there.

Colin said...

That is incredible, Skottie!! Definitely one of your finest pieces of work!

Liz said...

Adam & I just finished reading this together recently. This is an awesome combination of my loves of both reading the classics and (your) artwork! Our favorite line in the book (and probably everyone else's) is "sucks to your ass-mar!" Lol.

P.S. Still loving the Ms. Marvel & Spider-Man acrylics you did for us!

Renee Littlebird said...

I love this peice. I could completely see myself getting lost in it. I've never felt what I felt when I was a kid and first read this book since. Until now. Amazing

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,