Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Essex County


I've been insanely busy with work, a few personal projects, and of most of all...getting ready for little baby Baxter. I haven't been sketching as much as I'd like but I need to update with a new post anyway.

I thought I would throw a little love towards Jeff Lemire. I've started to read his ESSEX COUNTY graphic novel and so far it's great. I also can't say enough about the beautiful production quality of the book. It's amazing! The prettiest book I've ever purchased.

I can't wait to get deeper into the story and maybe a few of you would like to read along, or comment if you have already read it.

8 comments:

Fabian said...

I didn't know about it, thanks for recommending, i'll search for it right now!! :)

Mister Snyder said...

What else can I say besides 'EC is beautiful'. I just got it couple of weeks ago and it's one of my new favorites. It's filled with all these nuanced moments that I loved. Enjoy it!

mick statham said...

Essex County trilogy is easily the best thing I've read in a long time. Actually picked up tales from the farm without knowing much about it. The art got me hooked from just one look and those stories, ah man, awsome reads.

Simon Mac Donald said...

I read the first volume awhile back and I really enjoyed it. I promised myself that I'd track him down at a con and get a signed copy from Jeff. Which I'll be doing this Saturday at the Windy City Comic Con. I understand some poser has a Wizard of Oz book out too. May have to check that out ;)

carl said...

Thanks for the heads up on the book. Will definitely pick it up the next time in at my local comic book shop.

-carl
kidfrodo.com - my sketchblog

Jake L said...

Wow! Just breezed through the first two volumes, then went back just to get a better look at the art. Fan-friggin'-tastic. There are so many beautiful and touching moments I could do a book club on these. Quite possibly my favorite was when Vince is about to die and the vision of the hockey team appears .... That's perfection. I'll be recommending this to everyone.

Jason Copland said...

It's an excellent series. Jeff really knows what to put in and what to leave out. I loved it from start to finish.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,