Monday, November 30, 2009

The Adventures of Bernard the World Destroyer 01


I've been trying to get back into my daily warm-up drawings and have decided to take an idea from Jake Parker (Agent 44) and update my blog each day of the week for at least a month, if not more. I started looking thru my sketches for some inspiration for a direction or theme of these daily drawings. I knew that I wanted them to be black and white, traditionally inked, and conceived and executed inside of an hour. Then I stumbled on an old Alien design from early in the year and thought he would make a great subject.

Bernard is an alien that is coming to study our planet and destroy it. What will he find while he's there and how long will it take him to carry out his mission? Check back each day and find out.

9 comments:

Guendolin said...

Cool!

Sounds a lot like Invader Zim (Awesome show!).

Javier Giangiacomo said...

Great! will be awesome getting daily updates at your blog! You're an amazing artist, man. Take care!

Fabian said...

Update daily in your blog?? Wooa! This is going to be amaizing!Can´t wait!!

Cormac McCabe said...

Gonna be a fun month! :D

Steve Daniels said...

Is Benard one of the aliens you designed awile back and is this your kids book you told me about in Kansas City.

Joe Romano 2 said...

can't wait to see the rest, thanks for giving me something to look forward too while cramming in some work late at night.

Jake said...

Exciting! You had me at Bernard is an alien. I can't wait to see this pan out.

RAWLS said...

Inky goodness!!

hangeng said...

If you are selling diamonds or jewelry online, thomas sabo
offer articles, tips or even a free guide on "How do I angebote thomas sabo anhänger
choose the right diamond for me?" thomas sabo glaube liebe hoffnung
or "20 ways to spot fake jewelry." angebote thomas sabo armbänder
If you operate a job search or career database, thomas sabo 2010
offer a wealth of guides and tips such as "20 ways angebote thomas sabo ohrschmuck
to improve your resume," "what to wear at a job interview," or "how do I know if a job is right for me." thomas sabo online shop
If you are selling health related items, thomas sabo kette
don't simply throw up ad copy, a few product images and an order form. thomas sabo online
Educate your customers on the benefits of each ingredient sabo uhren
and how it can improve their well-being.