Saturday, January 30, 2010

Books and options


First, here's a piece I did for my friends Nic Klein and Ivan Brandon and their book VIKING. Fun stuff!

Now onto business.

I want to thank everyone who purchased copies of JUNK and CHEAP JUNK. I'm taking the books off the market for a bit while I look into a few more printing options. I'm happy with JUNK but was never pleased charging so much for it due to the production costs of print on demand. So, i'm going to be hunting down a few more options and see if I can't come up with a better solution to the make the book more affordable for everyone. It will most likely mean trimming the size down from 300 pages but I'd still like to keep it in color.

I know none of you are probably interested in any of what I'm talking about here but I like to keep you all in the loop. You're all fantastic with the support and I'd like to give you a great product. Talking with you about the product makes it easier for me to create it and a product that you all want.

So to the few of you who have the 300 page version of JUNK and CHEAP JUNK, you may be the only ones ever. Thanks, and I'll keep you in the loop in the coming weeks.

17 comments:

lordseth said...

It's the best artist art book I've ever bought no regrets here,,, a hundred bucks was a bit steep but well worth it. Bring on the next one.

Sara Pichelli said...

GREAT PIECE!

Marcus said...

I hope that you'll make junk available in the future without trimming anything... I was still saving my $$$ for it. Too bad I missed it :(

Anonymous said...

B Sides Reprint?

Misanthropic Cavalcade: the art of Joe Havasy said...

argh, i was waiting for my tax return :)!
will you accept on demand orders at all?

Hattermad said...

Ahh, will have to wait for the book now....paaaaatiently...

Love that Stegman Murders drawing...has nothing to do with the Des Moines killing a few years ago? Seems ya catptured some kinda midwestern mullet murderin' maniac there quite well....

Sckraps said...

Aw, just as I go to buy a copy of cheap-er junk. Oh well, will just pony up for whatever's next without waiting.

Snooze ya lose, as they say.
Will be keeping my eyes peeled.

Skottie Young said...

Sorry everyone.

And Thanks Sara. I dig your work and follow your blog as well.

Ian Summers said...

Awesome work.

Chris Burkheart said...

Damn, Skottie. I really wanted Junk. Well, I understand and keep up the awesome work

RAWLS said...

Awesomeness!!

onesketchycharacter said...

Hey Skottie,

I think a friend and co-worker of mine is sending you an email about republishing your book. If it works out I definitely cannot wait to get my hands on the thing. I love your work and I think your sketches are some of the best I've seen. Hope it all works out, and sorry to stay vague, but just check your email in a bit. ;D

azrasta said...

oh man, I also was saving to get JUNK. Hope that you don't trim anything from it if you get it republished. :(

JGroah said...

Totally should have snagged Cheap Junk! Good luck with a better publishing option.

And really dig the Viking piece.

azrasta said...

can't you add it back to lulu for like 5 more days, so that everyone that was planning to get it, gets it? please?

Richie said...

I too hope you find a way to republish Junk without trimming anything. I was holding out to try and get someone to buy it for my birthday next month.

If not, as someone else said, I'll just have to learn not to be so slow on the uptake for your next books. Still looking forward to future art books.

Omar Rodriguez Animation said...

AWESOME TEXTURES