Monday, May 10, 2010

Sense & Sensibility


My editor dropped me a line this week and asked if I'd like to do a cover for Sense & Sensibility. I didn't even think, I just said yes. I knew it would be a great chance to experiment with mood and a feel that doesn't translate to superhero or fantasy style comics I'm used to doing. It was a nice challenge and very fun to play with a new technique. Or at least new to me. Sergio Toppi inspired me to try and use a more illustrative style of line work and hatching. I like the way it came out, even though I don't see myself using this style much. But it works for the mood and character of this piece.

Enjoy.

Don't forget to order your copy of JUNK ONE, my new 104 page artbook.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR COPY

12 comments:

Oskar Iglesias said...

Nice.
I like it.

Fabian said...

A beyond amazing work, man!!I am getting this! :)

Joe Romano 2 said...

looks great Skottie, did you do the color digitally or by hand. Amazing work as usual. Is JUNK one have some new stuff from the Original Junk? Let me know, if so I'll have to grab a copy. Keep up the great work.

Ben BASSO said...

Superb ! I love it.

RAWLS said...

Beauty!! Well done my friend!

richard said...

Hey,

I like this a lot, but you've gotta move your version of Missile Mouse over to the new/old site. The line work was really awesome.

In His Peace,
Richard

jesse winchester said...

Absolutely stunning!

WOW WOW WOW

An said...

Nice, it´s wonderfull I like It. Sallutations

Will Shyne said...

Between yourself and Sean Murphy, nice to see Toppi getting so much love. Interesting that as the world's got smaller we can get hold of so much that was hidden unless you were lucky. Simonson and Miller obviously had so much love for him but how would we have found it without the internet unless you're in Italy or France. Keep up the great work.

spinndiva said...

Love it! :)

Jaime said...

I JUST GOT IT!!!!! JUNK'S AWESOME!!!!
THOUGH I DID'T UNDERSTAND THE ILLUSTRATION ON PAGE 30.... or somewhere arround that...

Mr. Hawthorne said...

I love it!