Friday, April 08, 2011

Eisner's All Around


2011 Eisner Award nominations were announced yesterday and I was floored to have 2 on the list. Eric, Jean, myself and the rest of the team of OZ were nominated for Best Adaptation. A huge round of congrats to everyone involved with our book. The real shocker for me was to see my name in the list of nominees for Best Penciler/Inker. I feel so honored to be nominated and thank you all for supporting my work all these years. You're the best.

Also, I'd like to send out a round a congrats to all my friends who also got nominated...

Sean Murphy, Doug TenNapel, Jeff Lemire, John Layman, Rob Guillory, Jim McCann, Janet K Lee, Karl Kerschl, Art Baltazar, Franco, Jason Aaron, Scott Snyder, Rafael Albuquerque, Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, David Peterson, Jill Thompson, Nick Spencer, Dave Johnson, Dave Stewart, and anyone else I may have left off. (look, it's a long list and you've seen my work, I'm not really a detail kind of guy :) Congrats on all the hard work and great books you all put together.

11 comments:

joefixit2 said...

Congrats Skottie!!! Well earned!!

Joe Romano 2 said...

Congrats Skottie, that's awesome!!! Hope you take one home!!!

Melanie Tingdahl said...

Congratulations!

As a fan I also want to mention how much I LOVED your writing for Deadpool Team-Up. I hope you get even more chances to show us your sweet writing skills!

Adrian said...

This is awesome!

Congratulations, feels like I have been following your work for a long time now. It has been great watching your art grow and seeing you get this kind of recognition makes me glad I stuck around watching all these years. Thanks for all the fantastic art!

Harold L. George - Gsting® said...

Congratulations man. You deserve it.

GrayScaleXLII said...

Congratulations!

Edwin Rodríguez Sánchez said...

Felicitaciones el trabajo que hicieron con OZ es increíble, de muy buen gusto!

Luis Morocho said...

Congratulations!

Jeremy said...

Congrats!

Ed Bickford said...

Congrats, man! You deserve it!
On a different note, I was curious if you ever got a chance to look at the sketchbook I gave you at Planet Comicon in KC?

Ed in KC

Erica said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

check insurance