Monday, January 30, 2012

Bone Daily Sketch


I think it is near impossible to draw Jeff Smith's character BONE without it looking like Jeff Smith drew it... only not as good as if he would have ACTUALLY drew. I call that having a Death Device built in. This is a style and design so solid that if anyone else touched it, they explode and it just looks like the original. Bone is one of those Death Devices. The design is so... BONE, there is no really making it your own. There are some other characters in his universe that lend themselves to a bit more freedom. But Bone is Bone.

So Bone is today's daily sketch. There's a lot of adventure in this book but I always loved the crush Bone had on Thorn and his desire to share his poem with her.

6x9 on bristol. Brush and ink. UPDATE: SOLD

6 comments:

Giulio said...

very nice sketch! I love bone <3

Guendolin said...

This I Love!

BluePrint said...

Super cool lookin drawing.

j_ay said...

Well, he's basically just Pogo without the hair...

Loni Edwards said...

This is great! I love Bone!

RuAn said...

Today, seeing the drawings of other artists, I cried. I think that the crisis does bad., before under it cried with Bambi, the crisis and a total inactivity that does me think envelope mine cost stop this profession. Your style is one of the that would like me dominate. I suppose that always want to what do not have. Grain work. I adore the Fone