Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bully on Pause

It's been over a year since I touched this project. It's not dead but it needs some re-working on the story front. I still have a lot of love for this idea and have a lot of fun drawing in this more frantic, shaky style. I'm a bit frustrated with my self that I wrote this entire book, laid out all 127 pages and inked 30 of them...

... then stopped. I got in my own way. That, and the content was a little hardcover for the age group I was going for. A book about bullies followed by a year of the biggest ANTI-BULLY campaign ever didn't seem to go hand in hand. I let the world around me get in the way of my idea and that was my mistake. I'm going to remedy that this year.

I thought I'd start the year off with sharing a bit of art from my little story about bullies. I'll get back to this one day, but for now here's some previews.





13 comments:

Gio M. said...

Glad to see you back in it..Hope all is well

Giulio said...

O__O beautiful!

Zach Franzen said...

Looks great. To be honest, I think everybody ganging up on bullies is ... bullying.

Neft_Centeno said...

Oh wow! This looks awesome. Just looking at the panels it made me laugh. Great stuff. I hope you do finish it someday. :-)

Nico Naranjo said...

I think it's great, but it feels a li'l bit strange to see the frames aaaaall white and then all those mouths filled with black. I would try to equilibrate the pages with some black ^^.

Anyway, i hope u finish it so we all can have a good time reading it, good luck skotie

Tommy C said...

love it!! reminds me of Ahhh! real monsters. don't know if thats the feel you were goin for but I loved that show and the style. Keep goin man, I'm excited to see what you end up with.

Tucker said...

I love the last panel of the last page. Great to see new work from you!

Luis Morocho said...

It looks very good, I wish you much success. I follow your work from Peru

Will said...

Keep building on that attitude Skottie, it's going in the right direction. :) On a related note, if that lady that writes the Harry Potter books stopped writing HP and started writing Romance Novels, she would still have an audience. Granted it won't completely be her standard fair of HP fans (although some will still follow), you have to be okay with that. The fan base for this, whether it's the art style or the content is already out there and in abundance, you don't have to "align". Always go with the gut feeling original source that spawned the concept. Anyway, keep at it man, only 97 more to go. ;)

xxsmarsxx.deviantart.com said...

yah, it's weird how the world events of the day can stop you cold in your tracks when they hover too close to the subject matter you're working with.
i've been there.
never finished that series.

i think people are more forgiving when things like that happen tho.
at least i hope. C:

Pancho said...

yeah. I'm folling your work here in Brazil, dude.
Looks, very fun and I yet enjoy!
congrats and finish this for we can read complete.

Adriel said...

wonderfull!!!

ANDY KUHN said...

beautiful work, scottie. i'm so glad you posted these. i can't wait to see the complete OGN. good luck!