Monday, February 06, 2012

TMNT Daily Sketch


I grew up on these guys. I had a club with the neighborhood called the Turtle Club. We each picked a name, sat in a shed with a black and white TV and watched whatever channels we could get to come in. I loved this stuff. It's probably the reason I've never really drawn them. It's like they're too much a part of me to mess with. I was commissioned to work on one of the shows once but they didn't like my take.

I'm ok with my take here, but I will be revisiting the Turtles at a later date, that's for sure.

6x9 bristol, brush and ink. About 40 min. SOLD.

4 comments:

Chris Slinger said...

Dude! That rocks on so many different levels.
I never get bored of seeing different artists rendition of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Brings out the big kid in me.

BluePrint said...

This is very cool, how long did it take to do this?

Brett Doom said...

I was in a Ninja Turtle Club as well lol

Daniele Di Marco said...

Leonardo Right?