Monday, September 24, 2012

Skeletor Daily Sketch


After a month break from Daily Sketches, I'm back. I'm a bit rusty, but I'm back anyway. :)

Today's I went to twitter for suggestions and they had a huge list of good ones which you'll see over the next few weeks. For now, it's SKELTOR. I loved He-Man when I was growing up and I thought it would be fun to play with the shape of his villain.

Of course, I ended up turning to a go to pose of mine. Another guy climbing on top of a rock thing. My mind is always in playset mode. Meaning, what would this be if I bought a toy. I  like the toys that come with a piece of the landscape to add flavor to the figure. I think I failed at the extra bits here. i could have taken more time and added character to the rocks but i just thru something down. Something to keep in mind next time.

4 comments:

Mark Rojas said...

Welcome Back! I like this piece.

You said your mind is in playset mode, are there any other modes you turn to when stuck in a rut?

L. Jámal Walton said...

If you ever drew a Masters graphic novel, I would buy 10.

Stevie Bullock said...

I agree with L. Jamal Walton. If you ever made a Master's graphic novel I would buy 10! You're style is so unique and colorful in more than just color. I love your play on shapes and the way it flows on the paper. You're my inspiration for wanting to be a comic book artist. I do have a question though. Where do you find the poses? Do you look up references or do you just do them from your head?

Bd CoMiX MoNdO said...

It feels good to be taken waaaaaaaaaay back in those times ;)

Thanks for all your tributes to other characters, in your very own personal style and yet always faithful to their original spirit !

And yes, we're glad seeing you back !